The Senior Home Safety Specialist certification from Age Safe America is
designed to help better equip professionals who work with older adults and their families.
Here is a list of the main topics that the training and certification cover to help seniors more safely age in place:
· Fire Safety Evaluations and Safety Recommendations
· Mobility and Accessibility Issues
· Safety Technologies for Seniors and their Homes
· Fall Prevention Stats, Myths and Solutions
· Personal Safety & Crime Prevention
· Senior Fraud Prevention, Scams and Identity Theft
· How to Effectively Communicate with Older Adults & Family
· Aging-in Place Home Modifications to increase safety and mobility
· Considerations for Alzheimer’s/Dementia
· How to Perform a Comprehensive Home Safety Assessment
By passing the Senior Home Safety Specialist training, many professionals satisfy part of their CEU (Continuing Education Unit) requirement.
According to Wikipedia:
A continuing education unit or continuing education credit is a measure used in continuing education programs to assist the professional to maintain their license in their profession.
Please see the list of several professional associations that have recognized and accepted this SHSS certification as an approved CEU provider.
SHSS Certification Video
- Courtesy of Age Safe America