The goal of this page is to offer helpful .
We hope that you enjoy it and that it saves you time and money in the process.
Table of Contents
Life Lessons From 100-Year-Olds
Three wonderful centenarians were asked to share their most valuable life lessons.
Help With Medications For Seniors
Help For Seniors With Home Repairs
- The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair
- HUD.gov HOME REPAIR/MODIFICATION PROGRAMS FOR ELDERLY HOMEOWNERS
- Help with Home Repairs and Modifications
- Home Repair Assistance For The Elderly
Help For Seniors With Rent
- The federal government subsidizes private housing for low income elderly persons.
- Elderly Rental Assistance Programs
- HUD.gov Rental Assistance
- Housing Resources for People with Disabilities
- Housing for Senior Citizens
- Housing Resources for Native Americans
Resources For Seniors Near Me
Helpful resources for seniors and their caregivers differ from state to state. Click on the link below to see what is available to you in your state.
Enter your ZIP code or city and state, to find senior resources near you that provide assistance for seniors and their caregivers.
- Eldercare Locator
Help For Seniors
This link Medicare.gov Senior websites will give you access to the following websites and services:
- Access America for Seniors
- Administration on Aging
- Benefits Check Up (This is a free, helpful and easy-to-use website for American seniors to help them identify their eligibility for many public assistance programs.)
- Healthy Aging for Older Adults (This is a CDC website.)
- Medicare Interactive
- NIH SeniorHealth (An authority on many health issues.)
Senior Travel Blogs
Please visit our article on Flying With A Rollator that covers how to safely fly with a mobility device. It also provides links to where you can find mobility device rules and procedures of many of the major airlines.
These helpful articles should point you in the right direction with travel friendly mobility devices.
- Best Narrow Walkers for Seniors
- The Best Lightweight Walkers For The Elderly
- Lightest Mobility Scooter On The Market
Help For Seniors With Medicare
What does SHIP stand for?
It stands for “state health insurance assistance programs“.
SHIP can help with with things like:
- helping you to sort through coverage change considerations during Medicare’s (Open Enrollment) Annual Election Period
- SHIP can help in your search for programs that you may be eligible for that help with your out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare.
- SHIPs can explain what Medicare does and does not cover and answer any questions that you may have.
- SHIPs can help an older adult understand Medicare’s eligibility guidelines
- SHIPs can explain how Medicare pays and who pays first when there are other supplemental policies, Medicaid and other health insurance policies to consider.
- They can explain your rights that you have under Medicare.
Click here to find out more about SHIP or call 1-877-839-2675.
Tax Help For Seniors Near Me
- Those with incomes of $56,000 or less
- Persons with disabilities
- Taxpayers that are limited English-speaking
Help For Seniors Moving
Senior Moving Services offers a complete range of moving services tailored to the individual moving needs of you or your loved one.
The National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) is the leading membership organization for Senior Move Managers.
Help For Seniors With Pets
Help For Seniors At Home
There are many different services available to who age in place in the comfort of their home. These providers can assign to you a to provide some of these services as needed:
- Light housekeeping
- and companionship (cards, board games, watch a movie and the like)
- Medicine reminders
Remember as they say: “Laughter is good medicine!”
“Don’t regret getting older.
It is a privilege denied to many.”
(An Irish Proverb)
We hope that you have found this helpful. Also, please save this page in your bookmarks to keep for future reference.
Could this post help a friend? Please click on the envelope to share.